Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
Fearless Philosophy For Free Minds: Fearless Philosophy’s First Blogiversary

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Fearless Philosophy’s First Blogiversary

Amazing how time flies isn’t it? A whole year has passed since I wrote my first post for Fearless Philosophy for Free Minds. I had no idea at the time if anyone would ever read my blog amongst the hundreds of thousands of other blogs in the blogosphere. A mere 80 posts and roughly 7,800 hits later, the readership of Fearless Philosophy continues to grow. While my blog is still obscure among the others, I am very pleased with what Fearless Philosophy has accomplished so far.

This is not something I accomplished on my own however; I have so many people to thank. First, thanks to my wife Aimee for putting up with me and my new hobby. Without your support and encouragement, none of this would have been possible.

Next, I want to thank Gary Borque who was among the first to link my site and the first to challenge one of my posts. Gary, you have challenged me several times since then and I thank you for it. You have always been civil and focused on the issues rather than attacking me personally. The art of debate (or even honest discussion) seems to be a lost art (if our politicians and talking heads are any indication) but you are proof that there are people out there who can discuss honest disagreements. My writing has become more focused because I never know when Gary’s going to take me to task.

A special thanks to Eric Cowperthwaite, Brad Warbiany, and Robert Bell for raising the bar with your thoughtful commentary on your respective blogs. I make a point to read your posts every day. Also, thank you for linking my posts and bringing in the traffic and helping me with the technical aspects of blogging.

Thanks also to (in no particular order): Quincy, Matt Barr, Perry Eidelbus, Mover Mike, Doug of Below the Beltway, Mr. Ogre, R.G. Combs, Countertop, Stephen Macklin, Kevin Boyd, Gullyborg, T.F. and Lucy Stern, Robert Chandler, Left-Brain Female, Obi-Wan, Owlish, Dan Melson, Buzz Brockway, Bob Walters, Icarus Goodman, Everyone in the Life, Liberty, and Property Community, and Everyone in the Fair Tax Fans Community.

I am sure I’ve missed someone, please accept my apologies if I have. Thanks to all the other bloggers out there who have linked individual posts, linked the site, debated and discussed issues with me. Thanks to the readers who regularly read my blog (even those of you who have never left a comment, I know you are out there) and everyone who has one way or another helped me out along the way. It’s all of you who make this hobby enjoyable.

I would like to pose one question to my readers: What are your favorite Fearless Philosophy posts (for year one) and why?

Also, feel free to comment on any of my posts of the past year that you missed the opportunity to comment on here. Perhaps you would like me to clarify a point, ask me something that I haven’t covered already or would simply like to say hello; it’s up to you. Comment on whatever you like.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

80 posts? You must be getting cramped fingers from all the typing!!!

My favorite? This one, of course! Can ya guess why?

Of course, if you want me to pick one that doesn't heap praise on me, I'd have to go with this post. It exhibits an astonishing amount of something sorely lacking in today's society: common sense.

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go, Steve! I’m still a few months shy of completing my first year…maybe I’ll make it.

I look forward to reading your posts, but rarely have an occasion to disagree with you. Perhaps you can play ‘devil’s advocate’ sometime, in order to draw fire from the peanut gallery.

7:07 AM  
Blogger Stephen Littau said...

Brad:

I just noticed that I have misspelled your last name several times over on my site. I'll be sure to fix that.

Your winning post still remains my favorite of your posts. I'm glad you like the 'Priorities' post. I don't remember getting much of a response from that one but I thought it was a good example of what's wrong with the criminal justice system. I guess you can't judge the effectiveness of a post based on responses. Some of the posts that I think will illicit a lot of response receives little or no response and those which I don't think will do. Then again, most of the posts I read I don't respond to although I enjoyed reading them.

Robert:

I seem to remember taking quite a beating from the peanut gallery from my 'Children's Rights' series.
I guess it isn't something that happens everyday but I'm sure we'll be on opposite sides of an issue again. I'm sure it will be entertaining for the readers whenever that does happen.

12:47 PM  
Blogger T. F. Stern said...

Stephen,

That's a nice mile marker to pass. Lucy and I enjoy reading your articles, agree or not, you write very well and express your thoughts in a civilized manner which makes for a better all around blogshere.

10:01 PM  
Blogger 柯云 said...

2015-12-19keyun
tory burch outlet
michael kors outlet sale
adidas originals store
sunglasses oakley
uggs for sale
michael kors outlet
uggs outlet
coach factory outlet
louis vuitton outlet stores
prada handbags
tory burch
abercrombie fitch
toms outlet
louis vuitton outlet
michael kors handbags
ed hardy outlet
michael kors outlet clearance
coach clearance
nike air max
coach outlet online
prada
concord 11
louis vuitton handbags
michael kors outlet online
tiffany jewelry
louboutin femme
uggs for sale
ugg outlet
michael kors handbags
louis vuitton outlet
beats by dre
louis vuitton
lebron 12
ugg boots sale
toms
hollister
louis vuitton handbags

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
devry university