Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
Fearless Philosophy For Free Minds: The Very Best of Fearless Philosophy for Free Minds

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

The Very Best of Fearless Philosophy for Free Minds

On the very day that I decided to create this blogsite, my wife and I found out that we were going to have a baby. The due date is July 4th (appropriate huh?) but our baby girl could arrive at any moment. Obviously, once she decides to enter the world and our lives, I’ll be a bit preoccupied for a few weeks or so (I’ll continue to write additional posts until then).

With this in mind, I thought I would allow some of you who are new to my blog to read a few of my favorite posts from the first nine months of Fearless Philosophy for Free Minds. If you would like to better acquaint yourself with what this blog is all about, please read my first post. Feel free to comment on any of the posts, but I cannot make any promises about promptly responding to your comments.

These are my favorite posts so far:

Anyone Who Believes America is Winning the Drug War Must Be High – A persuasive essay I originally wrote for my college writing class backed up by my research on the topic.

Appointing Qualified Judges – My thoughts on the criteria which should be met to wear the robe and wield the gavel.

The Battle for Young Minds – The desire to indoctrinate the minds of the young by both the Left and the Right and its consequences for the future of this great Republic. The fact that there have been no comments on this post to date is a little mystifying to me.

The First Amendment Explained: Establishment and Free Exercise Clauses (Part 1) and The First Amendment Explained: Free Speech (Part 2) – This two-part series struck a nerve with a few of my readers. In part 1 I was introduced to Gary Borque and his blog Both Worlds. The exchange I had with Gary on church/state separation was very spirited yet respectful. If only our leaders could learn to debate and discuss ideas in this manner. (Hey Gary, where have you been?)

Life, Death, & Political Hypocrisy – A post about my disgust with how the Republicans (among others) were exploiting the Terri Schiavo tragedy for political gain.

The Virtue of Selfishness – My thoughts on Ayn Rand’s controversial philosophy.

Personal Responsibility – Who knew such a post would be so controversial?

OK, I’ve given you all plenty of targets; fire when ready.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

Good stuff, indeed.

I left a comment on The Virtue of Selfishness, as the post (and the comment thread) especially pushed my buttons. ;)

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
devry university