Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
Fearless Philosophy For Free Minds: Fearless Philosophy’s Salute to Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Fearless Philosophy’s Salute to Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Tomorrow is what would be the 100th birthday of one of the 20th Century’s foremost philosophers and authors: Ayn Rand. Rand is one of my great influences which inspired me to create this blog Fearless Philosophy For Free Minds. Rand is my definition of someone who approached life fearlessly and is definitely a fearless philosopher in my book. I was first introduced to her work my senior year in high school in her book The Fountainhead. Her books are extremely long (I’m still working on finishing The Fountainhead all of these years later; I’m about half-way through it), but worth the time. The main theme of her philosophy, objectivism, is the importance of the individual reaching his or her potential using free and objective critical thinking. I encourage all of my readers to study the life and philosophy of Ayn Rand. Cox and Forkum has an excellent biography (posted 2/1/05). Also look at Capitalism Magizine’s tribute and visit the Ayn Rand Institute.

“Individual rights are the means of subordinating society to moral law.” –Ayn Rand
Free Hit Counters
devry university